11 jun 2013

Charles Pants




I’ve finished the Charles Pants, from Marte’s sew-along, on time!!

I’ve been sewing like mad these days! Well, that’s maybe too exaggerated. It has been actually less work than I expected (maybe the pockets were a little tricky).

It’s a free pattern and it comes with detailed instructions (I would only add a few more photos of some steps, but it’s easy to follow anyway. The proof is that I’ve been able to sew them!).

I discovered “Compagnie M.” on april, and I’m happy to be one of her very first followers. She really does lovely things. So, I invite you to take a look at her blog, which is really nice, and request this one or another fantastic pattern, because she has a few for free.


He acabado los Charles Pants del “cose conmigo” de Marte, y ¡¡a tiempo!!

¡He estado cosiendo como una loca estos días! Bueno, me he pasado, en realidad ha sido menos trabajo de lo que esperaba (los bolsillos eran un poco más peliagudos).

Se trata de un patrón gratuito que viene con unas instrucciones bien detalladas (tan solo he echado en falta algunas fotos de algunos pasos, pero se puede seguir bien igualmente. ¡La prueba es que los he podido coser!).

Descubrí “Compagnie M.” en abril y fui una de sus primeras seguidoras, y es que de verdad hace cosas muy chulas. Así que os invito a pasaros por su blog y pedirle este o algún otro patrón de los que ofrece gratis.



Well after this introduction, let’s come to Bubu’s new pants!

Although Marte says she likes these pants with jeans fabric the most, I chose the purple fabric I had used already for the reversible vest and skirt, and the polka dotted fabric I bought recently. 

A few pics of the process:
~~&~~


Bueno, después de esta intro, ¡vayamos a los nuevos pantalones de Bubu!

Aunque Marte dice que le gustan más con tela vaquera, yo he escogido la tela lila que ya utilicé para la falda y el chaleco reversibles, y la tela que compré hace poco en Interquilt.

Algunas fotos del proceso:


Making the adjustable waistband was quite funny. 

~~&~~

Hacer la cinturilla ajustable ha sido divertido.




I didn’t have enough of the polka dotted fabric, so I had to use the same pink fabric of the piping for the part of the pockets that you actually don't see.

~~&~~

No tenía suficiente tela de lunares, así que he usado la misma tela rosa del cordoncillo para la parte del bolsillo que se ve menos.

 


I wanted to do the button holes horizontally, I think they’d have looked nicer, but my sewing machine didn’t want to… I still don’t know why…

~~&~~

Quería hacer los agujeros de los botones en horizontal, creo que hubieran quedado mejor, pero a la máquina de coser no le ha dado la gana… todavía no sé por qué…

 

And as usual, the pants are too long for Bubu … boo for me! I should have shortened them before sewing the hem!!

(By the way, I did a longer hem part than the one proposed, I liked it better, you can see more of the dots.)


~~&~~


Y como casi siempre, los pantalones le van largos a Bubu… ¡¡mal, mal, mal!! Tenía que haberlos hecho más cortos antes de añadirle el dobladillo, en fin...

(Por cierto, he hecho la parte del dobladillo más larga, me gusta más así, porque se ven más los topos.)

14 comentarios:

  1. so sweet pants!very good tutorial!
    http://freestilcreatingbyvilly.blogspot.gr/

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Anastasia! you have a very practical blog!

      Eliminar
  2. Respuestas
    1. Vielen Dank Steffi!! Du machst auch ganz tolle Sachen!! Wenn ich wieder zu Hause bin, folge ich dir via Bloglovin'!

      Eliminar
  3. The dots and heart buttons are so adorable on these pants! You did a lovely job!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Lovely pants!
    I'm still sewing along mines... A little late! But I hope to finish them next week!
    I'm now following you on GFC, FB, twitter, pinterest and bloglovin' ;)
    MammaNene

    SergerPepper.blogspot.it

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Grazie mille, Mamma Nene!! You are by far my best follower!!
      I hope you can finish your pants soon, so that we can share the results!! ;D

      Eliminar
  5. Respuestas
    1. Danke schön!! Du machst auch ganz tolle Sachen!! Ich folge dir via Bloglovin'!

      Eliminar
  6. Those pants are SO cute - and beautifully made!

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Són molt bonics i la combinació de teles també m'agrada molt! Faré una ullada a aquest blog que recomanes!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Sí! Són ben unisex aquests pantalons! A en Pau li quedaríen bé!!

      Eliminar

Schreib mir auf DEUTSCH! - Escriu-me en CATALÀ! - Escríbeme en ESPAÑOL! - Write in ENGLISH!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.